Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Random Ramblings...

Since returning from camp, I have been taking it relatively easy. Hubby was on vacation and he was blazing through his list of "things to do" every day. I watched him. From the couch. He's a great handy man. I'm a great supervisor. From the couch.

I did manage a day with Juju and our boys at Hurricane Harbor. We have a great deal going on. We get there when it opens. We lounge by the wave pool for about 3 hours while the boys ride the rides, float the river, and catch the waves. All I have to do is spend my time people watching. I could make a career of people watching. Add to the fact that they are all dressed for water activities and it never gets boring.

Speaking of people watching...I went to the NKOTBSB concert Sunday night. It.Was.A.Blast. There were literally two generations represented. People from my generation pulled out their scrunchies, neon colors, leg-warmers, etc.... I channeled my inner "Nair-Girl" and wore short shorts, heels, and fedora. (if you are reading this and don't have a clue what a Nair-Girl is, google it.)Back to the concert, those boys may be in their 30s and 40s but they can move. And like I said in my fb post, if Donnie Wahlberg had taken his shirt off one more time I would have gone over the edge. As the original bad boy of boy bands, he's still got it!

I have become an fb stalker. Let me explain. I am working on a committee organizing a 30th anniversary for Camp CommUNITY/Anytown. Obviously, after 30 years, the phone numbers and addresses we have on file are probably not valid. Being tenacious, I pulled out my roster from '86 and starting searching fb. I apologize to all the people that received a random message from Amy Lou asking if you were indeed the "insert name here" that attended Anytown, TX in 1986. The upside is, I have actually found a few people. Of course they didn't realize they were lost, so I take full credit for finding them. I am hoping at least a few of them can make it to the reunion.

My son and Too Tall have become official restaurant conniseurs. I think they have a mission to hit all the hot spots in Wise, Parker, and Tarrant Counties. I should ask them to guest blog their reviews. I will say they travel in style... Boy's Avalanche or Too Tall's H2.

Speaking of exes... This may seem awkward to other people outside of our circle but I have really good relationships with my exes (even ones I didn't marry. lol) If you need proof, just go to my fb page, or my sister's fb page, or Hubby's fb page. We are all friends on each other's pages. At one point, I had an ex husband, an ex boyfriend, and Hubby all commenting about my sister's blown over fence, which turned to talk about my chex mix, turned to who is getting chex mix for Christmas. It nearly took over my sister's fb post. I love that we all get along. I am blessed.

I hope everyone is having a great summer. Mine is flying by way too fast. I do have some things that I am looking forward to... dinner tomorrow night with some friends from dear ol' Brewer High. My cousin's 21st birthday on the 4th. A family reunion in the hills of Arkansas with Mom and Juju. And a "still be determined" trip to MF. Hubby has to take a trip to Idahell before summer ends. Alone. I'm not going. I know that sounds bad. Heck it probably is bad. But I can live through the guilt. He tried to make it sound appealing. It didn't work. He's a big boy and I feel confident that he can make it.

I found out yesterday that I am starting the new school year with a new boss. I don't blog work details. I am a teacher. You understand.

Ok, that's all I have.
Ramble at ya later.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you looked Nair-girl-HOT... hope you had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly. It was a blast. I went 2 years ago when it was just NKOTB. I will definitely go back if they return to DFW. It's just good clean fun for 40 year olds. lol

    ReplyDelete