Wow, it's been a while since I've been on here sharing my scattered thoughts about life and such. Today's blog has the possibility of going in a million different directions so I'll just jump right in with bullet points to make it easier to keep up.
*Camp CommUNITY was awesome. Again. This was my 10th year to serve as an Advisor and it was the best.
*Boy went to Camp C this year which made it even that much better. He had a great time and we made it until Wednesday without most people even knowing he was my kiddo.
*Wednesday was also the day I announced my "retirement" from camp. I didn't want it to overshadow the week's activities, but I wanted to be able to say my goodbye's to people whom I only see this one week each year.
*There are a lot of reasons for my walking away from camp and none have to do with the quality of the camp. I will still recommend it to my students. It is life changing.
*It mostly has to do with the "virus". Camp is hard core. Long hours. Intense work and preparation. Serious subject matter. And my body just won't let me give the 100% I feel is needed.
*My camp family was very understanding about my limited ability this year and very supportive of my taking some time off. Who knows, I could be the Michael Jordan of Camp CommUNITY and come back in a few years.
*Hubby is on vacation this week.
*Translation: he's at home driving me crazy.
*Just kidding. Just kidding. He's at home completing all of his Honey-Do lists.
*For instance, he put up a retractable clothes-line on the back porch so I could save electricity by drying towels and such outside. I love it!!!
*Next, he signed up for new Internet service. We are laying off the gerbils that have been running in the wheel to provide our unbelievably slow Internet.
*This required changing a ton of email addresses. Bleh!
*We are anxiously awaiting to see "Bad Teacher". It looks hilarious.
*Summer is going way too fast.
*It's the end of June and I still have tons to accomplish.
*I need time to slow down.
*I need a trip to Marble Falls to see my FF.
*I need gas prices to go down.
*I am thankful that our electric bill is still below $130 each month.
*I am excited that my high school friend/fellow blogger is in Texas for an extended visit. Hopefully we are meeting for dinner next week.
*I told you this blog could get random.
*I am going to quit while I am ahead.
*I'll start gathering the stories for the next blog.
*Like how Hubby had a dump truck load of road base gravel delivered to our driveway while I was at camp armed with a shovel and a rake. (Have you ever seen anyone spread a WHOLE LOAD OF GRAVEL with a shovel????)
*Yep, I'll let that one simmer with you for a bit.
Blog at ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment