Sunday, June 5, 2011

Here we go again...

What I really wanted the title to this blog to be was Damn Virus, but I was a little shy about cursing in big bold letters. I am sitting on Mom's couch using her awesome laptop because she is taking me to the doctor in the morning to hopefully get jacked up on a bunch of meds and vitamins. I had been feeling really good. I was back on track with my 1200 calories days, 30-40 minutes going hard on the treadmill and then BAM! last Thursday I woke up feeling like a Mac truck had hit me, backed up, and ran over me again. Great. Just what I need the week before I go to camp. I spent Thursday night with Mom so we could do the garage sale thing Friday and Saturday. It was fun. But it wore me out getting up early and being out in the heat. I am a lightweight. Hard work in the heat is not for me. Sooo, all of that to say is that I am really over this feeling bad stuff. I don't know how people with chronic illness do this.

In other news...
*Hunter got a new truck, well new to him. It is exactly what he wanted, an Avalanche. Too Tall did an amazing thing by getting this for him. Hunter is still on cloud 9 and I am not sure if he will ever come down.
*I leave for my youth leadership camp, Camp CommUNITY this Saturday. We have staff training Saturday and Sunday and then the kids come on Monday. Hunter is finally old enough to attend and he is really looking forward to it. I just hope that I have enough in me to make it through the week. It is intense: early mornings, late nights, meaningful work toward becoming social leaders, deep emotions. It is my prayer that I survive it all.
*The end of school was amazingly easy. I was able to leave it all behind and I will not worry about what tomorrow holds. I have a job to go back to. I will not obsess about the pay, the changes in administration, etc... I will enjoy summer. And to the mom that sent me the nasty email 2 days before school was out because I corrected your child's behavior, I hope you choke on your email and I hope it pissed you off real bad that I didn't reply.
*We are utilizing the car-pool this summer. Hubby has summer hours Mon-Thur from 7:30-5:30 and if I need to shop/doctor/play in Fort Worth, I will ride in with him and use the car and then pick him up from work in the evening. I don't relish the early mornings with this plan, but I think it is a great way to reduce the gas bills. In fact, that is why I am at Mom's. Since we came down for lunch today, he just left me here and Mom has volunteered to take me to the doctor tomorrow. She gets to say Hi to all her peeps that she hasn't seen since retirement.

I'll try to post an update before I leave for camp. Hope everyone is staying cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment