Tonight's blogging is going to be short and sweet. I have spent most of my time since my last post whining to Hubby about abandoning me, which in all honesty isn't fair to him since he left me to take care of his Dad for a few days.
*Hubby made it to Idahell, I mean Idabel safe and sound.
*The last 3 phone calls I have shared with him today prove the nickname is well deserved.
*Taking a swig of whiskey and sticking a fork in his eye were mentioned as possible ways for him to deal with the stress he is experiencing.
*I take credit for the first.
*He said it was my best idea.
*Ever.
*Which led me to compare it to the idea of saying "yes" to his marriage proposal.
*He proposed in my classroom.
*While I was cleaning out my room before school started.
*I was in tacky shorts and a tshirt.
*There was a lot of dirt/dust involved.
*With my clothes, not the proposal.
*We married a few months later.
*In a surprise ceremony on top of Reata.
*We disguised it as an Engagement Party.
*Totally awesome night.
*Back to the important stuff...His Dad's surgery successful.
*Lights and tea: mission accomplished.
*Had to find a way to distract myself from the quiet house tonight.
*Manicure, new boots, and Olive Garden seemed to do the trick.
*Hi. My name is Amy Lou. And I am a boot-a-holic.
*If you know of a meeting for people like me for real, zip it.
*Don't tell Hubby.
*He would make me go.
*For real.
Ok, I will start gathering thoughts for Thursday. Remember, I am new to this. There will be lulls and awkward moments. There will be grammatical issues; subject verb agreement problems, misspellings, etc... Ignore the degree in English on the diploma. I'm a history teacher. I love telling kids that we live in a free enterprise economic system and that if they had thought of silly bands first, they could be millionaires by now. I love asking them what an example of domestic affairs is and hearing them call out health care, Tuscon shooting, budget. I love that when I ask them for an example of economic interdependence they immediately say oil. All of that to say, I had a great day today and was too busy hanging out with my kids in the history classroom and too busy buying boots to knock the Monday Musings out of the park. I'll do better next time.
I had a great time with your MM. Hi, my name is Cristy, and I am addicted to high heels. The higher the better. If they come with or I can find a matching purse, all the better. I don't want help either.
ReplyDelete