Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Musings

I realize as I start on my blogging journey that some people might know me in "right now" time, while others know me from "long ago" time. I am going to take this blog space to play catch up and pretty much give you a crash course in "Amy Lou".

*I am a mom, wife, baby daughter, and little sister.
*Mom to "Boy".
*He's 16 and a fully licensed driver who currently thinks that vehicles grow on trees and we should just go pick one.
*Wife to "Hubby #2". Yep there's great material there that will reveal itself in time.
*Baby daughter to the best parents in the world. Going on 47 years of marriage.
*I am the self-proclaimed black sheep of our family. I didn't behave well between Hubby #1 and #2.
*Plenty of stories there. Just give it time.
*Baby sister to "Juju" my partner in crime when it comes to shopping for bargains.
*I turned 40 last August.
*I am doing really well with the transition.
*I think.
*Minus the night of bad behavior at Pete's Piano Bar the night of the celebration.
*I am a Christian on a journey.
*You will see some of my blogs devoted to the book I am currently reading, "So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore".
*And after the experience at the last church I was a member of, you are dang straight Skippy. I don't want to go to "church".
*What I do want is a relationship with Christ.
*I am working on that.
*Slowly, but surely.
*I am an educator.
*18 years and counting.
*Same school.
*Same subject.
*And until this summer, I had occupied the same room for the past 16 years.
*My former neighbor and I think we were separated for causing trouble. (not really, but we like to laugh about it)
*I was moved to the end of the hall. Closest classroom to the door.
*Um, are they trying to tell me something?
*I love my job.
*I love my students.
*I am a hard-nose in the classroom.
*I own it.
*I have the highest expectations for my classroom and kiddos.
*I set the bar high because I believe the kids can reach it.
*Shoot for the moon, if you miss you will be among the stars.
*I mentioned in Blog 1 that the name for this came from Hubby. He refers to me as his "high strung skinny little wife" when talking about me to his friends/co-workers.
*I need to clarify the origin of the skinny part.
*It no longer applies.
*Back in '08 I had my 20 year high school reunion and I went OCD on losing weight.
*I lost a total of 17.
*All 17 are back and they brought a few friends.
*I need another reunion to jumpstart my weight lost program.
*Invite me to something.
*Just give me 3 months notice, please.

That's it for today. I'll be back in a few days with Thursday Thoughts.

live loved... (and I totally stole that phrase from my FF and her husband but until they copyright it and make me pay them lots of dollars, I am going to use it... thanks C & D)

1 comment:

  1. Uh, pardon me very much, but I don't remember (lol) any "bad" behavior at Pete's Piano Bar! I remember a night of laughter and singing, that God literally used to help me understand Him better. But I guess I'd have to start my own blog to explain all that. And you can use that "Live Loved" phrase all you, want, girl. Let's spread it around. Keep up the awesome musings!

    ReplyDelete