Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What's all the blogging about...

I am so ticked off right now and I need to get over it. Actually, I need to get over a lot of things but this item in particular has me clenching my jaws every time I think about it. I have really enjoyed the blogging. I think I started out pretty well. I think I was snarky without being mean. And I made Hubby laugh. It was his idea to start this. He named it. So if he's happy, I'm happy. Not that I don't care about the rest of you... All of that to say, if I put something on a public blog, which I do, then it would be a reasonable expectation for people to talk about it. Right? Or am I crazy? I read a lot of different blogs. Some are funny. Some are witty. Some are newsy. Some are personal. But the one thing they all have in common... they are on the Interweb. The world wide net. They are public. Which I take as an open invitation to TALK ABOUT THEM TO MY FRIENDS. So if you hear me talking about something and want to accuse me of gossiping, or how did you put it? Spreading information? Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Perhaps I came across that information from a blog. A public entity. I have told Hubby that I want to end this blog with a public service announcement containing information I read on a blog, but I cherish the few friends I have left in the world and it might put them in an uncomfortable position and have to answer questions from people who are not my friends. In fact, the people that need to read this will probably never see it. They won't see the link on fb and they probably don't know this little corner of the internet exists. That's ok. It accomplishes what I said from the very beginning... my blog would be a place for me to say what's on my mind. You have my permission, considering this is on an open website, to call your peeps and tell them that Amy Lou has just about gone crazy and she's getting mean again. It won't be gossip. Just the gospel. And you read it here first.

2 comments:

  1. You know I am human and WANT to know the fill-in-the-blanks to this story...
    but I also sympathize... since I have a crazy stalker who likes to write about me in hers. I use to read it-- get mad-- and write rebuttals that I never posted....
    now I just don't read hers or care what she has to say at all. I just sum it up to she's a nut-case that I BARELY knew and reading hers gives her power over me.

    Rid of your nut-case Amy Lou!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I am so glad that I am not alone. I started calling the blog that I read that gets me all wound up my "crack". I need a 12 step program to quit it. The very night I declared to Hubby that I would stop reading it and that it could no longer be discussed in our house, I logged on and read the dang thing. I couldn't even go ONE NIGHT. I am a sad case of addiction.

    ReplyDelete