Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thoughts popping out of my head

I am taking advantage of being home alone.  Hubby went to visit his Dad for the weekend.  Boy is sitting on top of Mt. Nebo enjoying God's beautiful creation.  Most of you know this is the weekend my family goes up to our favortie cabin. And most of you know that Dad's health prevented us from making the trip.  You might even remember that last year Too Tall went on the trip with us.  Well, he and Boy had planned on their own cabin this year and when we had to cancel I suggested that Too Tall's family take over the reservation for the big cabin.  Everybody should get the chance to spend time on the mountain.  And our chance rolls around again next October.  Juju has the cabin booked for Columbus Day weekend 2013.

So here I am curled up under an electric blanket (which Hubby will flip about when he gets home and discovers it) and thought I would take a moment to purge my thoughts.  Let the bullet points fly...

*Juju has the best hubby.  He has let me be a third wheel for years.  He chauffeurs us around on shopping trips.  He always provides front row drop off and pick up.  And he even did all of the leg work for booking Hunter's graduation cruise.  I just didn't have it in me to try to figure all of the stuff out and I took advantage his previous cruise experience.  I can't tell you what a relief it is to have it booked.

*Work has been kicking my bootie.  We have all of this new technology at our fingertips.  I have a new curriculum that I am required to use.  And I am doing my best to stay on top of it all.  I know the saying is to "work smarter, not harder" but I am not sure that is possible in my situation.  I am working harder at getting smarter.  (side note- I crack up every day when I see girls using their iPads. As mirrors. I have seen more primping in class this year than the backstage coverage at the Miss USA pageant.)

*Juju and I keep learning new things about "chemo/radiation brain".  Like, if your Dad seems confused, do not, I repeat, do not ask him if he knows who you are.  I have a new sister as a result of that question.  You really have to laugh instead of cry.  So now our family consists of Mom, Dad, Juju, me and that other blonde girl.  She seems nice.  I guess we will let her stay.

*Dad's hair is actually coming back.  In little patches.  Hopefully his memory will come back just the same.

*Last week I was ready to change the name of my blog to "Diary of an Angry, Middle-Aged, White Woman".  Life was getting rough.  I even made a voice recording on my phone outlining a blog about how ticked off I really was.  I think I am past that now. Maybe.  For today.

*Juju and I are forming up a team to walk in the 2013 Relay for Life.  We would love for you to join 
us.

*I think our Hubby's deserve another shout out today.  Juju and I have been spending a lot of time at Mom and Dad's.  In the meantime, the guys have been doing laundry, keeping the houses picked up, going to WalMart, a lot, and never once complaining.  When you know that things are not falling apart at home it makes it a little easier to be gone so much.  

So here we start another week.  Another week of hoping.  Another week of counting good days by the number of falls Dad has in a 24 hour period.  Another CT Scan.  And another week of getting to know the new girl.  (had to end on a smile, and I hope she knows she is not in the contest for favorite daughter, that's a two-girl race!)             




No comments:

Post a Comment