Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In a perfect world...


·         Work would start at 9:00 and end at 3:00.
·         I could buy a bag of purple only Skittles. 
·         Reading books for pleasure would be a full-time paying job.
·         Gas would go back to $1.50/gallon.  I don’t want to be greedy here and ask for $.99.
·         The big blue box store would have every lane open every day.
·         Kids would complete their work in school.  The first time it was assigned.
·         Friendships would last forever.
·         Public toilets would be sanitary. 
·         Boots would be free to a good home.  Like my closet. I would love them and take care of them.
·         Hubby would get me a puppy.
·         People would use “Please” and “Thank you”. A lot.
·         Christians would act Christ-like.
·         You wouldn’t have to work on your birthday. Ever. But still get paid. Double.
·         I could get back into all those size 6 clothes hanging in my closet.
·         Hubby would hire a personal chef to make all of my, I mean his, favorite meals.
·         I could carry a tune.  Leading worship is a dream for me.  I would give up ALL of my boots to be able to sing, in tune, for the glory of the Lord leading fellow believers in song.
·         Exercise would bring me joy.
·         Water would be delicious and I would love to drink at least 64oz a day.
·         I would not be addicted to the RHOBH.
·         I would have time to figure out what the heck Pinterest is.
·         Braums’ chocolate shakes would have 0 calories.
·         Sprinkle donuts would have 0 calories.
·         Hubby would make me pancakes for breakfast once a week. (see a pattern as to why my clothes in my closet don’t fit!)
·         My FF would not live 3 hours away.
·         I would own a cabin on Mt Nebo.
·         The state of Texas would do away with high stakes testing for students.
·         Family would always be there for you.
·         My 20+ years of pictures would be organized in albums. That’s perfection.  Reality might be getting them into the photo boxes in the hall closet.
·         Raising kids would be as easy as microwaving popcorn.
·         Dishwashers would load and unload themselves.
·         Laundry would magically appear in my closet and drawers; clean and folded.
·         Cancer would be as curable as a sore throat.   Seriously. Why can’t we figure out how to make these crazy cells stop attacking our body?  Dad fought an amazing fight 5 years ago and beat the c-word, but here we are again.  He continues to fight a good fight.  I moan, whine and complain about my sore throat and the 2 shots I had to endure and the giant size capsules that I have to figure out how to swallow without gagging.  Pops is doing so much more and with a lot less complaining.   I hate this.  I really do.  I hate that we have found ourselves at a crossroads with Dad’s treatment.  The daggum medicine that is suppose to help is now hurting and if we can’t get back on track we will have to move on to option B for treatment.  I could write a long diatribe about how we ended up here, but blame and looking back doesn’t change a thing.  We are where we are.  We are keeping the faith.  God is big enough.  He’s got this. We will know more Friday.  I am praying fervently that whether we continue with treatment A or move on, a miracle is still awaiting us at the end of this journey.  Yes, in a perfect world cancer would be as easy to fix as a sore throat. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this post... until the very end. Then it made me sad for you.
    Hang in there, friend.


    --yes, we are now on *that* status. deal. ;)

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete