If you have read any of the posts on here, you know that I love my job and you know that the world of education is on rocky soil right now. The Texas Legislature is in the middle of determining the budget cuts that will affect every Texas teacher and more importantly every Texas student. You are smart readers, I don't need to point out the various ways that budget cuts affect your kids.
So, why do I keep doing what I do? Because I love my students. I love spending the day in the classroom and talking history and current events and weaving them together. This week happens to be Teacher Appreciation Week. It comes and goes quietly each year, without fanfare and usually without a lot of appreciation from the students. This year was different. Monday morning every teacher at our campus walked into their rooms with a poster filled with "thank you" and "love you" and "you rock" notes written by our students.

I cherished every moment reading these notes from my kids. I will keep this poster up in my classroom as a reminder that even if I am making a lot less money next year, I do it for the kids.



I am thankful for my job. I love my students. And a great big THANK YOU to the teacher that helped their students make this the best Teacher Appreciation Week!
(Sorry for the wanky pictures... I have no idea how to format pics on this blog...)

Those kids are lucky to have you!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd the girl that commented on your clothes gets extra credit for that one, right?
ReplyDeleteIf I was back in your class, and we made a poster... I would have definitely had to mention your "cloths" too. ;)
ReplyDeleteI mean, give me one more teacher that could have rocked a purple leather skirt!!
I would have also had to mention your drop cookies you made for us...
the videos we made, "the British are coming!"...
and the night we all came and studied with you.
You are amazing at what you do...
I'm glad thay made these posters for yall to remind you what your students have known for years!
Your best post yet, Mrs. Amylou.
ReplyDelete