Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quickfires

I have not been very good at blogging lately. I am tired and cranky and didn't think you guys would want to hear about all of that... so here are some quick thoughts that don't come from a place of crankypants.
*My trip to Marble Falls was fabulous. I left Hubby at home to rest since he's working 6 days a week for the entire month.
*Fellowship Baptist rocks. The music. The minister. The people. I want that place to be my church home. However, 3 hours is too much for a one-way commute each Sunday. Sad face!
*I am addicted to the Decorah eagles' nest on Ustream. Check it out.
*I showed it to my kids today at school. I rationalized that if the eagle is the symbol of America, then these eagles are worthy of 15 minutes of class time.
*The kids LOVED it.
*My Mom retired.
*Repeat. My Mom RETIRED.
*I can remember her returning to the workplace when I was in 5th grade. She went to work at Town & Country Drug Store, which became Eckerds. She retired from there after 20 years.
*She then took a job at a doctor's office. He was our family doctor. She worked there for 12 years. She has been contemplating retirement for almost a year. She took the plunge Monday.
*My Mom is the most generous woman you will EVER meet. She is generous beyond words.
*Family. Friends. Strangers. It doesn't matter. If you need something and she has it, it's yours.
*I can only aspire to be half as generous as Mom.
*She has already had patients calling to say they miss her. It's Thursday. She left Monday at lunch. This lady has a fan club that is going to be lost without her. She took care of her people.
*I am glad to be one of her people.
*Dad now has someone to oversee his progress on the Honey-Do Lists.
*This is going to be fun to watch.
*I love a 4 day work week.
*We are going out to celebrate Mom's retirment Friday for lunch.
*Boy and I will make any excuse to go to Olive Garden for soup and salad.
*Retirement celebration is a great excuse.
*Talking Juju into playing hooky on Friday has not been successful.
*She's too dedicated to her job.
*I started a blog about how I jinx churches that I attend but can't seem to finish.
*It's a little negative so I won't go there today.
*Happy Easter ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment