When I got home, I failed to immediately take a dose of Benadryl. Unpleasant side-effects from one of these shots are insomnia and hyperactivity. Not so good when bedtime rolls around and you are jacked up. I went ahead and took a Benadryl but it was too little too late. Hubby likes to retire to bed about 7:00pm after a hard day and read a book. He wasn’t thrilled when I showed up at 9:00pm wanting to talk. He kept pointing to his place on the page of his book. So I stopped talking and just looked at him. Apparently he is reading challenged when somebody is staring at him. And apparently the tapping of my fingers on the pillow is not conducive to reading. Crying ensues. I just wanna talk. I can’t catch a break. I can’t sleep. I dry up the tears but I am still wound tight with nothing to do. So I start texting Boy. He has spent the evening with his family celebrating Too Tall’s Birthday and was on his way home. (Happy 45th Too Tall!) After several texts using the little emoticons (like the monkey and poop with eyes, which was totally supposed to go to Hubby, I was sending Boy the smiley face with big eyes and the tongue sticking out), Boy asks me if I am on pills. Bwahahaha. Why yes, yes I am. 3 shots and a chaser of Benadryl, sweetheart, and wide awake!
I have decided after 3 treatments and only feeling marginally better, I need someone to take over my bedtime and strictly enforce a 6:00pm curfew. No matter how hard I try, I still can’t seem to drag myself to bed before 9:00pm. I mean the challenge from moving to the couch to the bed wouldn’t usually be an obstacle, but for me, it’s like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. And I know that normally 9:00pm would be a great bedtime, but I can’t walk up and down the halls at school and have conversations with my kids in the classroom without sounding like an emphysema patient who ran out of oxygen in their bottle. It’s freaking them out a bit. I get it. I would be freaked out too if I had to listen to me. Hubby cannot be in charge of this curfew. I don’t like it when he gets bossy. Any takers?
I am considering giving Boy my debit card to go to the Big Blue Store and buy his lunch items. Think if he had my pin # they would question him? Surely not. Thieves do it all the time using the credit option. Should I send a note? With my drivers license? I’ll be in bed and not needing it at that time. I guess if worse comes to worse, I can ride in the car, sit in the parking lot and have him send me a text, using emoticons of course, like a cash register, and I could come in and check him out. It’s an adventure. I love adventures. Boy, maybe not so much. Unless of course, he wants food for lunch and he’s free to choose whatever his little heart desires. That’s the ticket.
Y'all have a great week~!
No comments:
Post a Comment