Monday, February 7, 2011

Super What?

Let me start by saying that it felt good to go to work today. I was begging to get out of the house Friday but the roads in our neighborhood were still a little too frozen to risk it for McDonald’s fries and a vanilla shake. Hubby, however, was awarded a nomination for Hubby of the Year on Saturday by bringing home the fries and shake, as well as 3 library books to tie me over for the rest of the weekend. My first outdoor venture came Sunday because Sunday lunch at Mom’s is a must.

Now to the Big Game… also to be known as the Big Embarrassment, Big Debacle, Big Joke… take your pick. I am a sports fan. I love football, I love March Madness, I love baseball (best experienced live and in person) and I can hold my own in any conversation with Hubby surrounding these 3 things. What I cannot do is be given the year and college and then name the Heisman Trophy Winner like Hubby can. Freak. Who takes up brain space with that kind of stuff? Oh wait. Hubby does. He spoils me. Wow, can YOUR hubby name the Heisman trophy winners? Mine can! I can also hold my own when it comes to sports trivia in games. I’m the ace in the hole when playing Trivia Pursuit for the chick team. So now that the Big Game, Joke, Debacle is packing up and leaving North Texas (take that Arlington and Dallas!) here‘s what I have to say…

*What was up with the Red Carpet Arrivals? Really? I needed to see Michael Douglas and Catherin Zeta Jones (great hat) arrive and strut into the stadium, why? And her justification for being a Packers fan, because she’s from Wales? Did I miss something? I’m just sayin’.

* Cristina Aguilera. Enough said right? But this is my blog and where I am going to vent, so let it begin. Are you KIDDING me, lady? You are picked to sing our national anthem and you are too worried about your giant red lips and falsetto trills to remember the words. Shame. Shame. Shame. I am super patriotic about stuff like this. I stand at attention during the pledge. I cover my heart. Heck I even take MY hat off when the national anthem is being performed and I am a chick. I get teary-eyed with every fly-over, in person or on TV. You do not say, “I was caught up in the moment.” That is a copout. I hope she is never asked to sing that song again. Ever. I mean it. Every year I require my 8th graders to memorize and recite the song to me. Because it matters. Because you are an American and should know the song. I don’t want to hear anyone talking to me about nerves performing in such a situation. Nerves shmerves. You are an entertainer making millions. Get your nerves under control and deliver. Any questions? I’m just sayin’.

*Big Ben. Oops. That daggum little side trip to Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar is going to cost you. Forever. (But it is a great locale for a 40th B-day throw down. Just sayin’.) Now you and I both know that it had zero affect on your performance Sunday but the media is going to continue to chew on this like a dog with a 48 oz T-Bone from Del Frisco’s. You had some trouble in a bar last year. You were suspended 4 games for it. Why oh why would you put yourself in that situation again? Haven’t you grown from your mistakes? Yes, you take your offensive line out to eat on Tuesday’s before a game. Dude, there were TONS of places in Sundance where you can get FOOD. Pete’s does not serve food because we do not count liquid nutrition as food. I’m just sayin’.

*Ticket-gate. I would be so livid mad if I was one of the 400 that didn’t get a seat that I held a ticket for. I would be fire-breathin’ mad if I was one of the people that was shuffled inside and relocated to standing room or craptacular seats. Thanks Jerry. Thanks NFL. I cannot wait to see this play out in the media and/or the courtrooms. What a show! Our local news has had Super Game countdown clocks on the top right corner of their broadcasts for MONTHS. So I am kinda thinking that the NFL knew those temporary bleachers needed to get built. Procrastination is not pretty. So far, Roger has invited the 400 to next year’s game. Uh, does that include air-fare and hotel and food reimbursement? I’m just sayin’.

*And last but not least the weather. Ok, so Jerry and the NFL had no control. It was hilarious to watch all the coverage. For the first day. After that it became a little ridiculous that we couldn’t cut from local news to the Today Show. I can only watch Fed-Ex drivers stuck on an overpass for so long before I get a little cranky. For all the people yelling that we weren’t prepared, maybe we weren’t. But let me make one thing clear. THIS WAS ICE! Not snow. Snow plows not so effective on ICE. Geesh Yanks. Tone it down when criticizing the south. I remember hearing a little something about a road called Lake Shore Drive in Chicago being covered with cars buried in the snow. What's wrong people in the north? It’s just a little snow. I’m just sayin’.

And they say we get to start all over with some icey, wintry mix, snow early Wednesday morning. I’m just sayin’.


2 comments:

  1. it's time for you to consider law school...if i ever get in trouble with the law i want you to defend me!!! not that i'm planning on getting in trouble, but i am a teacher of small children...and a mother of a teenager...i'm just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deneise! I am too old for school, well, as a student... thanks for checking out the blog! And I would defend you to the end even if it didn't hold up in court. Call anytime....

    ReplyDelete